Monday, December 29, 2008

American Honey - neat

I'm a neat kinda gal... I rarely take ice in my drinks.

Usually I go for tequila - I like that fuzzy feeling it gives me... though i don't like Patron... I'd rather have Sauza.

But tonight I tried went to a place I've been meaning to go to for ages... The Woods (La Brea @ Sunset).

They have a significantly larger selection than at the Burgundy Room - which is my usual haunt. granted it's a dive bar, and it's not supposed to have a huge variety - just large quantities of the standards that the regulars ask for.

I spied a bottle with the word Honey on it... and i asked the bartender, Amy - what was it. She took out a shot glass, poured some for the 3 of us to sample. I was sold. I asked her how she usually serves it.

Neat.

Perfect.

it was destiny.

I have a new favorite drink to order at a new alternate bar...

American Honey - by Wild Turkey.

Very smooth.

I still like the warm fuzzy feeling from tequila... but this one was yummy.

No comments: