Sunday, January 4, 2009

Almonds that taste like...

Almonds

They're a good, healthy snack. Helps curb the appetite if you're out and about and need a pick-me-up.

I was in Reno for Christmas, with the family "K" - they've adopted me into their family... And when there's snow - there's skiing.

We all sat for our Apres-Ski drinks... and I pulled out my snack baggie of Almonds. Raw Almonds.

Me: Raw Almonds, anyone?

Vince: Raw?
- They're not roasted? or Salted?

me: Nope - just plain Almonds.

April: But they're not flavored?

Me: Uh, no - just Almonds.

Dom: But what do they taste like?

Me: Almonds! They're almonds that taste like almonds! (me, dom, vince, julie k)

Do Almonds really need to taste like anything else to be enjoyable? Jeez! They taste fine on their own if you can appreciate the taste of something in its natural state. Why does everything need to be flavored/salted/x-tremed to be worthy of consumption nowadays?

No comments: