Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Just Wondering

There are many Hyphenated-Americans... but are there any American-(insert continent/region here)

What are Ex-pats living in other parts of the world called... other than ex-patriots?

Case in point:

Grey's Anatomy actor Isaiah Washington just became an African Citizen (of Sierra Leone)

Hello ALL,

Well…as I sit here in the TGMF office completely numb yet elated. I am at a lost for words. Minister Zainab Bangura has phoned me from New York to "officially" tell me that I am now a citizen of Sierra Leone and that I need to send her 2 photos for the Sierra Leone Passport that awaits me in Freetown. I could go on and on about how much that phone call means to me, but I will simply defer you all to the "Recent Work" section on Google's Wikipedia. President Koroma now goes down in history as the "first" African President to issue an African-American full citizenship based on DNA. Congrats to all who have been on this historical journey with me. Mission Accomplished. That said, I'm so moved right now that I am literally wiped out with the gravity of this new reality. Going home to celebrate with my "dual citizenship" with my family…One Love

IW

So is he an American-African now?

No comments: