Tuesday, December 23, 2008

No Paper? No Problem!

Wrapping presents... I love doing it. Just give me a stack, and I'll wrap it...

I'm kinda picky when it comes to the paper. Thin cheap-o paper? Ewww - I hate using thin paper. It needs to be a heavier weight paper - one that doesn't just flop over.

But what's a girl to do when she runs out of paper? Especially when she's trying to espouse this new way of living - being Gorgeously Green?


Well, I re-purposed a brown paper Trader Joe's bag, natch! I'd decided a few months ago that once i finish my supply of wrapping paper, I'll use the supermarket bags. My roommate ensures that we have an endless supply of these bags... For the most part, I use my re-usable bags... and rarely go to supermarkets anymore. As a matter of fact - I haven't been to Trader Joe's in over 2 months. However Gina never remembers (or bothers, or cares) to take the red TJ's bags that are right by the front door. As a result, our supply of these paper bags is overflowing out of the closet.



It folded up quite nicely, and was heavy-duty. Now I had a brown paper package - all I had to do was tie it up with strings (or ribbons, rather).


With pretty ribbons dressing it up, who would know that this was a humble supermarket brown paper bag? You could even get a rubber stamp and fancy the paper up with a design... or draw on it. I like the simplicity of this look.

I'm also a sucker for nice ribbons - especially the wired ones. But I have, and will continue to re-use ribbons if I get some nice ones on my presents.

2 comments:

-K- said...

My presents always look like they've been wrapped during a tornado by a blind man.

sharon said...

it's the thought that counts...

;)