Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Why I won't get a bus pass this month

I probably won't be driving much this month - but I don't think I'll ride the bus that much either.  

Not $62 worth at least.  After my disastrous experience that one Saturday night in June - I've become rather disenchanted with the whole thing.  I won't take the bus to/from Hollywood on Friday or Saturday anymore... and if I do take it on a weeknight, I only need to pay $1.25 each way - since I won't have any transfers.

If I do need to take multiple buses - then I'll pay the $5 day rate - but even then - It won't add up to the $62 monthly rate.  

I have seriously cut back on my driving though.  gas is ridiculously expensive.  I paid almost as much to fill up my tank as I did on my bus pass.  I'm now averaging 2-3 weeks between fill-ups.  
I'm planning on taking a road trip up to Petaluma... that's gonna cost a pretty penny.  But I'll need transport in that small town - so the train would be silly.  I'll use my dad's Honda - gets better mileage than my 18-year-old Toyota... or is it 19 now?

Brownie points: I got 2 friends to finally visit the Hollywood farmer's market - and both were pleasantly surprised with the quality of foods - and both did their shopping under budget!  yay! And they used their re-usable bags.  I haven't been preachy... just sharing my enthusiasm - and it's working... slowly but surely.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wanna go to Farmer's with you!!!!