Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Intolerance Sucks!

There are many types of intolerance...

intolerance of certain races/ethnicities
intolerance of homosexuality

they all suck... but the one that really kills me:

intolerance to Dairy Products. It just hit me about 3 years ago - before that, I was fine. It's cow that's the real culprit. I'm guessing it may have to do with what the cows have been eating... I'm gonna blame the GMO corn/grains for my allergic reactions. I get those nasty cystic pimples - the big painful ones under the skin. Goat & Sheep milk don't affect me as badly... but I still get breakouts every now and again due to errant butter or cream in some sauce.

I went to Melisse for dinner tonight. Michelin rated 2 stars... fabulous french food...

Sometimes you just have to decide - enjoy a great meal and experience the food as it was meant to be prepared or don't go there.

Being the foodie that I am, I sucked it up, and just accepted what was presented. From the amuse-bouche to the dessert - there was some sort of dairy in just about everything... and it all tasted soooo good.

And the cheese plate! Oh. My. God! The bleue cheese - St. Auger (i may have misspelled that) was so creamy and what a wonderful flavor... and the Humboldt Fog... man - I love cheese! why do i have to break out?

Was it worth it? well - yes, and no... I wonder how badly this episode is going to be. I'm gonna drink plenty of water and green tea and hopefully I can cleanse most of it out of my system.

2 comments:

Kim said...

it might possibly be the lactose in the cheese. try eating aged cheese. the lactose eventually dies out of aged cheese. unfortunately that kills all your soft and semi soft cheeses, but you get to eat some tasty ones still!

sharon said...

really???

there's hope indeed in the world! i love cheese... I'll look into that.

I can deal without soft and semi soft cheese... give me a good ole aged bleu or a manchego (sheep - safe for me) any time over a pepperjack or brie...