Monday, April 14, 2008

One Month Later...

It's been exactly one month since I started this blog... what has happened since then...

I've taken the bus/metro on 3 different occasions (more than my previous 10 years combined here in Los Angeles).

I've spent only $25 at Trader Joes, $15 at Ralph's - the rest of my grocery money was spent at Farmers Markets, Santa Monica Seafood, Santa Monica Co-Op, & Erewhon.

I now only purchase Local, Seasonal, Organic (or transitional/pesticide-free) fruits & veggies & eggs from grass-fed forging free range chickens (and they do look and taste different - better, in fact!).

Quandaries:

I need to buy new shoes - both daytime & nighttime...
I need new tops including plain white v-neck tees.
but I refuse to buy from a company that outsources... I'm also kinda broke, so i guess I'll have to do with what i have for now.

Urgent new purchases to be made:
I need a new facial cleanser - I'll try something organic perhaps.
I need a new tube of toothpaste... Tom's of Maine perhaps - they have one without flouride, right?

I also picked up a Noam Chomsky book to learn about politics and propaganda...

I saw "To Kill a Mockingbird" again last night... I love Gregory Peck/Atticus Finch... I also love Jimmy Stewart and his characters... where are today's Gregory Pecks & Jimmy Stewarts? Hmmm... George Clooney'll have to do, i suppose ;)

No comments: