Sunday, April 13, 2008

Laura's Lean Beef

I've been seeing this brand of beef at Ralph's and I've been wondering about it. I just visited their website just to find out more.

This is the part i was looking for:

Feed may contain GMO-grains (there is currently no way for them to know as farmers mix their grains).

Other than that, they have a lot of interesting (chilling even) information on their website about how their practices differ from the traditional cattle processing (check out the FAQ section). For the most part, it seems to me that they are moving in the right direction, however it's not enough for me and what i'm looking for. That being said, if I don't have access to the grass-fed meats that I've been seeking out, I'll probably select Laura's Lean Beef over the traditional (totally unlabeled) meats sold at Ralph's or any other supermarket.

It really makes me want to stop eating meats when i go to restaurants.

And I don't want to be a pain in the ass when I go to friends' houses for lunch or dinner... But you know - since for the most part, I don't eat certain foods at my house since I'm refusing to buy them, I end up totally indulging when a guest... it's like I've deprived myself so much at home, that when out - i go nuts with all the options...

No comments: