Friday, April 25, 2008

Earth Day at Wilshire Center - a review




Yay - new plants on Wilshire Blvd.

I didn't plan on attending "Earth Day" given my disdain for these so called events... but I stumbled upon it, and like a magpie to a shiny glittery bracelet... i just walked right into the event.

School children "Greening" the Median Strip on Wilshire Blvd.

yeah - short attention span... that's why my mother had me tethered to her when i was a child - i have a tendency to just wander off...


As I suspected, there were tons of people selling their so-called "Green" products... It was a merchandising gimmicky thing... but I did learn some worthwhile info.

I signed a petition to get a High-Speed train proposal on the ballot... I could change my mind later.

I found out about some public meetings regarding the MTA to attend (I'll do a separate posting on that issue).

But seeing as I'm not a homeowner, I can't do much to change my living situation in terms of adding solar panels or changing the plumbing... or plant a garden or raise chickens... But I do reduce my trash output by re-using my bags & recycling what I can. Baby steps.

No comments: