Friday, April 25, 2008

I thought the $12 Chicken was expensive?

I was too tired to go to the Santa Monica Farmer's Market on Wednesday... so I have no fresh food in the house...

But I'd already invited Michelangelo (my magnificent rival according to the Relationship book) and Ara for a dinner of roast chicken that night. I'd texted Mike to take a rain check but his phone was off... he called me at 5pm asking what time to be over... panic time...

So I had to go to Whole Foods... HOLY GUACAMOLE - food is getting sooooo expensive! I thought going to the Farmer's Markets was just being frivolous - but it is really a money saving thing...

Chicken: $5/pound for the "Better" organic chicken and $3.99 or so/pound for the "regular" organic chicken... The smallest bird of the expensive variety came to $20!!! the smallest of the other one came to $14. I'm only getting my chicken from the Lily's farms vendor at the SM Farmer's Market from now on!

Asparagus: $5.99/lb. Why? they are in season here! I find them ranging from $2-$3/bunch at the farmer's markets.

Artichokes: I got some huge gorgeous artichokes last week for $3.50 each... I saw puny ones at ralph's last night for $3.99 each. Puh-thetic!

And the strawberries just can't compare. Don't even bother. I loved the Chandlers that I got last week.

Dude - because I was too tired (lazy) to get up and go to Santa Monica (i should cut back on my shots at the Burgundy room) - I ended up blowing $30 on food at Whole Foods - for what would have cost me $20 and been so much better...

No comments: