Wednesday, September 17, 2008

More Tomatoes


I can't help but eat tomatoes right now... They just look so good at the farmer's markets.

This is my modified caprese salad:
slices from 2 different colored heirloom tomatoes,
watercress,
buffalo mozzarella,
a drizzle of Adam's Ranch Olive Oil,
a pinch of Maldon sea salt,
fresh ground pepper,

and voila!

Gotta mix it up a bit! if you have great looking watercress, skip the basil...

This past Saturday, I was at the Santa Monica Farmer's Market, and picked up a bottle of the most delicious olive oil (from Adam's ranch - click above in the recipe for the hyperlink). Cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil... so smooth, so rich, so yummy! And it's local (ding!). It was price-y but it really made me want to test it out and savor the flavor - and it is indeed worth the extra bucks. It's comparable in price to some of the fancier label imported brands... but I've never found one that really stood out to me before - enough for me to take notice, at least.

And the idiot that is me wanted to test out my intolerance to dairy by getting buffalo mozzarella - just to see... but what did I also do? Got goat's milk yogurt AND had some Lemon Bars that Lisa & I baked the other day (with real butter)... So how can I tell what caused this recent breakout? sigh... one thing at a time, dork-o!

Lisa & I have been cooking together again... we are pretty damn good cooks - i might add! Lisa's dating a chef... and he was duly impressed by our tilapia last night. Good in, good out... we buy only the best (organic, seasonal, local).

She takes pictures of everything she makes... so I will too. Provided i remember to take a picture before digging in.

No comments: