Monday, August 25, 2008

West Hollywood Farmer's Market

I discovered a Monday option!

Well, I've known about it... but today I finally tried it - it's at Fountain & Vista - Monday from 9am to 2pm.

It's a small one - like the Larchmont Sunday market. Not overwhelmingly crowded either (yay!)

It's been a while since I last went to any farmer's market... I've been out of the loop. all that housesitting just takes me out of my routine - and once the routine gets interrupted, it takes a while to get back on it.

There were so many gorgeous looking tomatoes and squash - and squash blossoms too. Lots of stone fruit... not much in the berry department - that season is fading away...

but i don't like tomatoes too much and i didn't feel like having squash... but I got broccoli ($1.50/lb.), white peaches (freestone), o'henry peaches (freestone) and pluots (mix&match $2.25/lb) and grapefruit ($2/bag - about 6). I generally prefer nectarines to peaches but i like anything with a free stone (as opposed to cling).

I've been avoiding large crowds of people lately... the hollywood market is such a clusterf**k - that i just didn't want to deal. but after listening to 5 discs worth of the Omnivore's Dilemma, I felt like I had to go.

1 comment:

-K- said...

If by the Hollywood Farmers Market you mean the one on Sunday mornings near Hollywood and Vine (and not the daily 3rd & Fairfax one), I agree its crowded which I usually dislike too but in this case it's crowded with like-minded people. The highpoint is Pepe, the blind Mexican guitarist.