Monday, August 25, 2008

How to Skirt the Issue?

There is an art to it... skirting the issue...

I wish i was better at it.

case in point: I use this blog to talk about things, shed the light - if you will - about issues that are rather global in scope... but also talking about the steps I'm taking, and hopefully encouraging someone else to take - at trying to be a solution to the problem.

that being said: I don't want to talk about these issues discussed herein!

why?

because i come across looking like a complete kook!

i was on this date the other night, and while most of the conversation flowed quite nicely... i let slip something about why i don't like soy products. big mistake!

i tried to back out of it - to say something frivolous and just let it slide. but my foot was firmly planted in mouth.

he pressed on - was he feigning interest? he said he was genuinely interested. I knew better - i knew that explaining the truth (my truth, at least) would be a bad idea.

I really need to learn how to skirt the issue delicately -to just play it off like nothing was mentioned.

sure it's ok for me to talk about these things with friends, with people who already know me - we get into interesting exchanges of ideas...

but with people i'm meeting for the first time? never again!

that was thursday... still haven't heard from him...

oh well.
whatevs.
next.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey you- Your request to have your question answered has been fulfilled @ www.askaweasel.com

oxo