Wednesday, October 22, 2008

No more vitamins or supplements.

That's right.

I haven't taken my vitamins in quite a while. I never noticed a difference when I added them to my routine, and I still don't notice a difference now that i've eliminated them.

What I am doing however is getting a good variety of fruits and veggies... trying lots of different things - items I rarely ever ate. And if you scroll down to my posts from this past weekend, you'll see the variety of colors represented.

Orange fleshed squash, sweet potatoes & persimmons
rainbows of tomatoes (most of september)
Leafy green arugula & watercress
other greens in the form of rapini & chinese brocolli
white fleshed (red, green & golden skinned) apples & asian pears
deep red pomegranates
wild fish, grass-fed bison, locally/humanely raised sprout-fed bug-eating chickens & their eggs

I've strayed on occasion... I still can't resist cookies. I did have rice last week. I'm craving pasta but I haven't had it in over a month... i had some pretzels today.

But for the most part, my diet at home has been quite healthy. And you know what? I haven't been sick for ages. I usually get a cold at least once a season, but I haven't had a cold since february or march - I don't even know for sure. I feel guilty that I'm taking prescription Phentermine (sp?) - and occasionally advil or codeine even... but otherwise I'm taking myself off a section of the grid by not buying manufactured vitamins & supplements.

1 comment:

-K- said...

- Bee pollen
- Wheatgrass juice
- apple cider vinegar

(that's all)