Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Adventures in Food

Apples:
Gold Rush - **1/2 nice crunch - good texture. flavor was ok.
Winesap - ***1/2 interesting undertones - couldn't quite distinguish it - but the flavor is distinct and fragrant. the texture was odd - might have been under-ripe. I'll try another in a few days. Juicy!

Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Poblano Chiles & Keffir Lime: ****
Recipe from Santa Monica Farmer's Market cookbook... Note to self - either cut the sweet potato slices smaller - or roast longer... and if roasting longer, add the poblano chiles later. But WOW! the flavor combo of Keffir Lime & Poblano Chile!!! Both of which I'd never used before - ever. I don't know if i'd ever tasted Keffir Lime (be it juice, zest or leaf) - but now that I know this flavor - oh it's amazing. Love it! Lisa liked the flavors too - but the sweet potatoes were just a bit too crunchy (under-roasted, my fault). Good thing I was experimenting with a friend rather than trying to impress someone.

No comments: