Sunday, June 22, 2008

Beating the Heat

I'm not a morning person but I wake up when it's sunny.

For some reason - I was awake at 7am and decided to go to the Hollywood Farmer's market super early.

I got a Chicken!! They've been sold out for the past 3 weeks...

Last chance for Boysenberries in Hollywood. I got a basket. If I'm ambitious, I might hit up the Santa Monica FM on Wednesday to get the absolute last basket of the season. Rory & Rob are awesome - super friendly. It's nice how you can get to know the vendors and they recognize you.

I tried the most delicious Blenheim Apricots - and got a pound. The lady explained what made them "dry grown" or something... The trees are by a river bank, and their roots go super deep to extract the ground water. The fruits are tiny, but the flavor is super concentrated. As compared to other apricots i tasted - they were large and watery tasting. no where near as fabulous as the ones i got from that one lady.

It was so hot by the time I was done - and I was done before 9am.

Nap time.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Ahhh, i wish we could hit FMs more often. we just have to look for the weekend ones...Now that im up again at 7am with teh baby.