Saturday, May 3, 2008

TAP - More silly acronyms

Transit Access Pass - Another silly acronym by the
M
etropolitan Transportation Authority.

Basically it's a credit card type bus pass that can be re-charged.
I got mine for the month of May.
After 49 uses, it will have been made worthwhile.
So far, I've used it 13 times and we're only on the 3rd day.
I had to put in another $20 of gas in my car yesterday.
My last $20 lasted 10 days & 123 miles.

I've been walking a lot & taking every staircase going in & out of the Metro stations. I was hoping this would help me on my quest to lose weight.

But the other night, the doorman at the gallery I work at said something that depressed me.

Torrance: "Girl, your figure is looking good"
translation: "You've been putting on weight and getting curvier"

Torrance hates the skinny girls - he likes girls with "meat on their bones"
When I lose weight, he tells me that I look sick and not to lose any more weight.
So according to Torrance, when I'm looking sick, that means I'm doing well, and when I'm looking good - I've been getting fat and I must start dieting again.

sigh.

Ok - I'm cutting back on the alcohol... and maybe now that my chiropractor adjusted me, I'll be able to go back to working out... and I'll keep taking the stairs and keep on walking.

No comments: