Wednesday, May 7, 2008

idealist to rabble rouser to... nihilist?

The more that I'm reading Chomsky, the more upset I am becoming.

I am beginning to think that this country needs a real awakening.

But how?

We really need a true revolution. I was joking about not being a part of the workforce because I didn't want my tax dollars to go and fund this war. But it doesn't seem like such a joke anymore. I'm not in agreement with our current government policies... not in the least.

What to do? What's within my control? What can I do to help? I don't want to create any harm... But our government is in need of a significant overhaul.

Anarchy? Nihilism?

Can't we just all espouse the words of Thomas Jefferson and just pursue happiness? That's all I really want to do. Honest. But we're in dire need of a shake-up.

that's all i'm saying

No comments: